Pages

February 20, 2012

book recommendations

"The difference between where you are today and where you'll be five years from now will be found in the quality of books you've read."   --Jim Rohn

The Personal MBA book list has been updated for 2012: http://personalmba.com/best-business-books/

This is one of the all-time best reading lists for success.  Even though I would rather have an MBA, I like his point -- you don't necessarily need a degree, you need the knowledge. You can get much of that through just the reading material.

I'm glad to see some of the popular but lame books aren't included on the list -- Rich Dad Poor Dad, Lee Iaccoca, etc.

Someday I may compile a Personal J-School book list.  But with journalism you still need good mentors/editors looking over your stuff to help you improve your storytelling craft.  Still, I'll think about it.  Let me know if you think it would be useful.

For now, check out the Personal MBA book list.  It's great.

1 comment:

  1. I think a Journalism book list would be helpful. In 2010 I took out books on investigative journalism and journalists so I could learn more about the craft. Unfortunately, the investigative stuff covered made me sick so I stopped reading.

    ReplyDelete